The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Acquisition Management and Policy (OAMP) is committed to acquisition excellence by providing leadership, advice and oversight for all NIH acquisition and financial advising services. Through strategic partnership with industry, the NIH strives to acquire the best OAMP acquisition value in products and services to support the agency’s mission activities. Strategies and efforts to promote business interests and opportunities at the NIH include:
- Strategic Activities - planning, developing and implementing sound NIH-wide contracting and financial program policies, procedures and practices;
- Organizational Guidance - advising the NIH staff and providing leadership and direction for the NIH acquisition and financial program activities;
- Oversight Activities - maintaining continual reviews and evaluations of acquisition activity within the operational components at the NIH Institutes and centers to ensure compliance with Federal, DHHS and the NIH acquisition regulations, directives and manuals;
- Outreach Activities - planning and conducting seminars, training and counsel for the NIH program and contracting personnel as well as for the business community;
- Maintaining NIH Workform Documentation - Federal, departmental and local regulations and policies are updated and incorporated into a document generation system (DGS) to assist NIH acquisition staff in contract and solicitation preparation.
- Maintaining Vendor Resource Information - for all sizes and types of organizations through e-Portals in Commerce (e-PIC), the NIH web-based source library.