1. How do I market my company to the NIH?
Attend NIH and HHS events for networking and information
- Information on the NIH Newbie Open Forums, Vendor Outreach Sessions, and Biennial Industry Days can be found here.
Attend events prepared with requirements and programs you would like to discuss further with acquisition and program officials. The registration is posted on BetaSAM.gov as a special notice.
Attend Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) events
Monthly Vendor Outreach Sessions (VOS)
- Held every second Tuesday of the month if you wish to speak with the NIH Small Business (SB) Specialist and other HHS Small Business Specialists who support the NIH, IHS, HRSA, CDC, CMS, ASPR, ASFR, ARHQ, and SAMHSA.
- Registration is on https://mysbcx.hhs.gov/
The HHS Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) hosts annual Small Business Industry Days for all HHS Agencies and Operating Divisions.
Check the OSDBU website to register at https://mysbcx.hhs.gov/#osdbu-events
- Check the OSDBU website to register at https://mysbcx.hhs.gov/#osdbu-events
- Monthly Vendor Outreach Sessions (VOS)
- Register your profile and capability statement in https://mysbcx.hhs.gov/ and check there for HHS updates.
2. How can companies get work with NIH especially if they do not have past performance?
Conduct market research to determine if you have relevant capabilities
- Use the NIH procurement forecast, fpds.gov, ned.nih.gov, etc.
b. Subcontract with current primes
e. Utilizing the resources on the NIH SBPO website including:
- NIH procurement forecast updated quarterly on our homepage
- The NIH Simplified Acquisition Points of Contact
- The NIH-Wide Contract Vehicles Presentation
3. What are your small business goals?
4. Relevant Resources
HHS Forecast: https://mysbcx.hhs.gov/#search-opportunities
Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS): https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=ebf0e582-b7a5ec91-ebf0d4bd-0cc47adb5650-7a3e25ff5de16e60&u=http://www.fpds.gov/
FPDS YouTube Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG1amI2ykGk
NIH Consolidated Office Acquisition Centers: https://oamp.od.nih.gov/acquisition-offices
5. What’s the difference between the HHS Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization & the NIH Small Business Program Office?