Advises the Associate Director, OAMP, and staff of procedures and practices in the areas of simplified acquisitions, delegated acquisition, and acquisition support programs. Responsible for:
- Planning, developing, recommending and establishing NIH-wide procedures, guidance and practices in the area of simplified acquisitions.
- Administering and overseeing NIH’s delegated acquisition system and providing guidance, training and reviews.
- In conjunction with the Acquisition Career Program in OALM, managing delegated acquisition authority function and maintaining files.
- Administering and overseeing the NIH Purchase Card Program. Includes providing guidance, training and conducting reviews.
- Planning, negotiating, awarding and terminating NIH-wide and restricted BPAs.
- Analyzing repetitive acquisitions to ascertain the most cost-effective method, including consolidation into potential BPA awards.
- Negotiating vendor discounts with open market and Federal Supply Schedule vendors.
- Conducting discount validation reviews and identifying areas of procedural problems as well as non-compliance by BPA vendors.
- As requested, coordinating and submitting pertinent acquisition business data and documentation.