The OAMP Associate Director’s Office is responsible for supporting efforts of the OAMP divisions, Associate Director, and Head of the Contracting Activity (HCA), including:
- Strategic Activities - developing policies and standard operating procedures to increase operational effectiveness and uniformity, and align NIH with changes instituted through statutes, regulations, and directives;
- Organizational Guidance - providing leadership and direction for NIH acquisition, financial, and program activities, such as employee engagement and development, succession planning, and risk management;
- Oversight Activities - advising on procurement and appropriations law and regulatory matters; maintaining continual reviews of acquisition activity within the operational components of NIH Institutes and Centers to ensure compliance with Federal, DHHS and NIH acquisition regulations, directives and manuals, including 508 compliance;
- Outreach Activities - planning and conducting seminars and training for the NIH program and contracting personnel as well as for the business community, such as serving as liaison for OAMP and NIH on various work groups and cross-government committees;
- Maintain and Manage Various Information Technology Systems – these systems are used by OAMP, NIH and HHS acquisition communities and include the OAMP website; electronic submission portals; the DFAS system that stores proprietary indirect cost rate information; and the Document Generation System (DGS) that generates solicitation and contract documents to assist NIH acquisition staff in contract and solicitation preparation; and
- Conducting Small Business Outreach and Reporting – assist the Small Business Program Manager with establishing and maintaining the NIH small business program. This includes the Small Business Outreach program activities, developing guidance materials, providing technical advice to small businesses on how to do business with the National Institutes of Health, and representing the NIH at Small Business conferences, business opportunity fairs and events.
Last modified on